Friday 4 March 2016

Berry Jam

Let's just say I slept like a log last night..I mowed,worked in the garden,cleaned in house and garage, animal stuff and made some jam. It was a good day! I didn't get any stitching in but I didn't think I would,but there is always today .:)

Berry Jam
3 pints blueberries
1 pint blackberries
7 cups sugar
2tbs.lemon juice
2 pouched liquid pectin

Mash 1 cup of berries with potato masher at a time, I like to leave some whole berries and mash a little. Then add to pot. Slowly bring to boil and add 2 tbls. of lemon juice. Then add 7 cups of sugar.Heat and bring to boil. Add in two pouches of pectin. Bring to a rolling boil that will not boil down.
Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water. Remove from hot water and ladle jam into jars. Process jam in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. Remove lid and turn off heat and let sit 5 more minutes.
Remove jars and sit on towel for 24 hrs. YUMMO!!

** those who were wondering my Woolies are for sale
Angels are 10.00 and apples are 3/10.00 plus travel fare. email or leave me a comment .

             Wishing you a Berry filled Day!

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Tags :

Related : Berry Jam

1 comments :

  1. Would love to buy some of your wool apples.Dawn E. Brown

    bdbrown105@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete